Skip to content

Suggestions

Welcome to the Redgate Monitor feature suggestions list. Tell us how we can improve Redgate Monitor by voting on these suggestions or by submitting your own ideas.

This is the easiest way to make an impact on Redgate Monitor’s roadmap. Check out the completed suggestions to see how your ideas have influenced us in the past. Please note that this list is one of multiple sources that drive our development, meaning that we will not always implement the highest-ranking suggestions.

To give your idea the greatest possible impact, please follow these guidelines:

• Describe the goal you’re trying to accomplish, rather than a specific solution to get there
  • If you have a favoured solution, add it as a comment to your suggestion
  • Give us as much context as possible
  • Only make one suggestion per post. If you have multiple ideas, submit them in separate posts
  • Comment and vote on existing posts to develop the ideas — often the SQL Monitor team will initially stay quiet about new suggestions to see what you have to say!

If you have any questions visit the Redgate Monitor forum.

683 results found

1. Permission granularity on server/cluster objects

It would be great to assign a set of users in a security group a read only or any other access to a particular cluster node instead of the full cluster. It is a managed environment with shared responsibilities, so it is essential to have this granularity in permission management.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add other Red Gate tools to SQL Monitor as licensed modules

It would be useful if the following tools were additional modules that could be added to the web interface to SQL Monitor;

SQL Backup Pro
    Index Manager

For example, upon receiving a no database/log backup alert it would be great to just click into another section of SQL Monitor to then diagnose/fix the issue rather than using an external application. Additionally the capability within Index Manager would sit well in SQL Monitor as a logical extension for the fragmented index alert.

This would allow SQL Monitor to be the primary place that a DBA would need to go in order…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SQL Monitore: I would like to see the response time I/O of database files.

SQL Monitore: I would like to see the response time I/O of database files. Currently it is showing only on instance level but how can I see response time of a particular
    database.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Analysis Thresholds

One of the things I like about the free PAL tool, is that you can specify thresholds for each performance counter. Therefore, you can have a customizable red line which appears on your graph to easily tell you if your disk latencies are over 25ms or your free memory is less than 5% - for example.
    I would like to see something similar on the Analysis screen on SQL Monitor. I would like to specify for each machine, SQL Server or Custom metric a warning threshold and a critical threshold. This makes it easier to troubleshoot performance issues as you…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Filter alerts by Comment

Add back in the filter options, the filter on Have/Doesn't have Comment.
    Add the possibility to search by comment.

Wold be great if there was some sort of "Tags" that you can apply to an alert and to filter based on those tags.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Access rights on database level

CONTEXT: We want to give our developers access rights to there databases alerts (long running queries, blocking processes, deadlocks ...).

PROBLEM: Access rights are only allowed on sql server instance level. Database1 should only see dev team1, database2 should only see dev team2. This is not possible at the moment.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Timestamps in UTC

Currently, timestamps in charts and elsewhere are displayed in local webbrowser timezone. I need all the timestamps in UTC. I need to share screenshots with colleagues in different timezones and having them in UTC is a must have.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Force re-check of index fragmentation alert

The index fragmentation alert is checked only once per week, because of the load is causes on the system. I am fine with that.
    However, I would like to have the option to force an immediate re-check for a specific database - for instance by adding a "re-check" button to the alert window.

SCENARIO: The index fragmentation check runs on Saturday and triggers an alert on one database. On Monday I check the alert but I know that the weekly index defragmentation job runs on Sunday, so it is likely that the problem is already fixed. But I like to…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filter out Long Running Query alerts based on wait type

We have a 3rd party product that has a SQL Database. It has something in it that loads data RBAR (Row-By-Agonising-Row). The query gets all the data in about 3 seconds and then sits waiting on ASYNCNETWORKIO for ages (close to 40 minutes).

We don't want to exclude the application from all long running query alerts, and the query is different everytime which would make it hard to filter based on regex (and not filter other queries we care about).

We'd like a way that we can not raise a long running query alert if it's waiting on…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Estate Disk Usage Emailed Report

It would be great if we could schedule an emailed report of the disk usage estate section.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add more custom notifications

1. Execute HTTP Action :

This notification method executes a GET request or sends any POST, PUT, or PATCH data to a custom URL. You can execute specific actions on a web server or control any web service that accepts commands via one-time HTTP requests. Whenever a notification of this kind is triggered, the HTTP action is sent.

2. Execute Program:

With this notification method, you can execute a script or a program as an external process. It can be a Windows executable file or a BAT, CMD, or PowerShell file. You can use EXE, COM, BAT, CMD, VBS, or PS1 files.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be able to run a query (or powershell) in response to an alert

Be able to run a query (or powershell) in response to an alert.
    This would automate some responses, but also want to be able to send the RESULT of a script in the email that goes out, ie Alert to say Schema changes have been made where the email actually includes the schema changes.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Under Estate section: display last date/time server and/or instances on each server were restarted

I want to know what SQL Server Services are running/stopped on each server and be able to alerted if said servers are stopped.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Activity monitoring for DDL & DML

Add an element that will track all DML/DDL activity within a SQL Server instance and log this to a tamper proof archive. If linked to performance trends this can corrolate performance to T-SQL executed against the instance.

This has scope for aiding with Compliance with PCI-DSS & SoX.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to filter(replace) sensitive SQL from alerts displayed/recorded

Similar regex functionality to how processes/queries can be excluded from an alert but to hide or better yet not record sensitive SQL/SQL fragments

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Login via https

Is there a configuration setting to force the SQL Monitor login page (or entire site, preferably) to https?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New tile types in reporting

We would like new tile types in the reporting interface. Extend the Analysis graph and summary. We would like some of KPI \ traffic light or the ability to just show a single value but be able to colour the background of the tile.

As well as the analysis graph it would be useful to be able to have a bar\column chart as well as the existing line chart.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customize the Alert page Columns

Due to the lack of any useful actual time-zone date-time presentation in the UI (I still have issues because of the SEVEN I have to deal with), kindly allow us to add columns to the Alerts page.

Specifically, I MUST HAVE the Group designation. This is the way I group by time-zone. When looking down the All Servers list, because there are always alerts across all the zones, having the "time-zone" right before the "Object" makes handling the busy list much easier than having to wait for each node's page to render, especially as the Alert Page performance has been…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search SQL Monitor Long Running Query Alerts By User Running Query

It would be very useful to search the Long Running Query alerts for a user? The alert text that is displayed in the GUI and in the alert emails list the user running the query. I have Monitor set up to only send the alert emails for my HIGH category. But, when I want to do analysis or documentation, I would love to find all of the alerts Low, Med or High, that are attributed to a specific user or a group of users. Is that possible? To filter the list in the UI to only show alerts from a…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. export metrics data to csv (or table) with configurable granularity and option to get cumulative data

The analysis page allows exporting data to csv for a certain metric, e.g., a database counter, but we cannot control the granularity nor whether data for all databases should be cumulative or not.

I would like to get data with the granularity produced by the 15 minute time range, i.e. seconds, but for a larger date range and preferably cumulative for all databases or a set of databases.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions