Skip to content

Suggestions

Welcome to the Redgate Monitor feature suggestions list. Tell us how we can improve Redgate Monitor by voting on these suggestions or by submitting your own ideas.

This is the easiest way to make an impact on Redgate Monitor’s roadmap. Check out the completed suggestions to see how your ideas have influenced us in the past. Please note that this list is one of multiple sources that drive our development, meaning that we will not always implement the highest-ranking suggestions.

To give your idea the greatest possible impact, please follow these guidelines:

• Describe the goal you’re trying to accomplish, rather than a specific solution to get there
  • If you have a favoured solution, add it as a comment to your suggestion
  • Give us as much context as possible
  • Only make one suggestion per post. If you have multiple ideas, submit them in separate posts
  • Comment and vote on existing posts to develop the ideas — the Redgate Monitor team will often stay quiet initially about new suggestions to see what you have to say!

If you have any questions visit the Redgate Monitor forum.

686 results found

1. Add % CPU Usage column for the "User SQL processes (top 10 by CPU usage)" section.

On the Overview page for the SQL Server instance there is a section: User SQL processes (top 10 by CPU usage) that show current SPIDs that are utilizing CPU resources. This section should show the actual % of CPU usage for that SPID.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add number of alerts to browser tab

I always have SQL Monitor open as one of the tabs on my browser (Chrome). What might be useful is to change the text of the tab (only when it is set to Global Overview) to include the number of alerts (unread or uncleared I'm not sure.....) - much like if you have Gmail inbox open, then any unread items make the tab text "Gmail - inbox (1)'

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Alert on long I/O operation

Hosting Company raised an alert that there is absolutely no trace of as an issue according to SQL Monitor:

ALERT NAME: Rackspace - SQL I/O Error
    TIME: 6/22/2011 7:02:21 PM
    REASON:
    Event Description: SQL Server has encountered 174 occurrence(s) of I/O requests taking longer than 15 seconds to complete on file [M:\xcp_trans.mdf] in database [xcp_trans] (5). The OS file handle is 0x0000000000000BBC. The offset of the latest long I/O is: 0x000023b6d20000
    SEVERITY: CRITICAL

Please augment SQL Monitor to do the equivalent alerting.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Daniel Rothig responded

Custom metrics on sys.dm_io_virtual_file_stats are the best way to get this today

4. Show all of the cluster disk's collected statistics regardless of active node

Currently, a cluster disk's collected statistics are only visible for the duration of being "active/owned" by a cluster node. If I ran on Node A for the last month and fail-over to the B node today then I lose all visibility to the prior month's stats since they were collected while on the node A.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to export backup history detail for providing audit information easily.

possibilities I can think of that might help to add are each backup having it's own export button when the backup history graph is expanded out, including the backup history on the current excel sheet or possibly having a summary report for it in the Reports section

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Get notification for when a SQL Agent job is in a retry state

Hi, it would be really useful if SQL Monitor could identify when any currently executing job steps are in a retry state. We have many such jobs and the time lost whilst they are in such a state is frustarating as if we had notification we could take action. I appreciate I can roll my solution but would be nice if SQL Monitor could do it :)

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 31 32 33 35 Next →