Skip to content

Suggestions

Welcome to the Redgate Monitor feature suggestions list. Tell us how we can improve Redgate Monitor by voting on these suggestions or by submitting your own ideas.

This is the easiest way to make an impact on Redgate Monitor’s roadmap. Check out the completed suggestions to see how your ideas have influenced us in the past. Please note that this list is one of multiple sources that drive our development, meaning that we will not always implement the highest-ranking suggestions.

To give your idea the greatest possible impact, please follow these guidelines:

• Describe the goal you’re trying to accomplish, rather than a specific solution to get there
  • If you have a favoured solution, add it as a comment to your suggestion
  • Give us as much context as possible
  • Only make one suggestion per post. If you have multiple ideas, submit them in separate posts
  • Comment and vote on existing posts to develop the ideas — often the SQL Monitor team will initially stay quiet about new suggestions to see what you have to say!

If you have any questions visit the Redgate Monitor forum.

683 results found

1. Expiring Certificates

Would really helpful to have an alert for expiring certificates on a cert be it backup encryption ones or tde certs that are going to be expiring and we specifies how much notice we want given before the expiry

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Webhook Filter on Alert Severtiy

Situation: After setting up a webhook of SQL Monitor to Service Now we are getting tickets of all priorities

Background: We would only like tickets to be created that are actionable

Assessment: We can enable this on the javascript side of the service now webhook to remove low priority webhook calls however it would be prefered to do it in RedGate

Recommendation: Is it possible to have the same feature that email has "Call webhooks only if alert severity is High or Medium only"

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Customizing alerts without loosing inherited settings

Would be great to have the possibility to customize alerts on lower levels without loosing the inerited "customizations".
    Otherwise there is the need to "copy" all the exclusions made on higher or highest level to the level that should be customized...
    In example : i want to add a keyword for a specific query on Database Instance without loosing all the exceptions made for backup and so on.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Additional parameters for filtering Long-running query alerts

Long-running query alerts

Example: Creation of ability for you to filter the queries it alerts on based on a regular expression

Source Ticket:
    https://redgatesupport.zendesk.com/hc/requests/65981

Possible closely related feature request:
    https://sqlmonitor.uservoice.com/forums/91743-suggestions/suggestions/11123559-triage-and-configure-repeating-alerts-more-efficie

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. remember

Remember time period in overview of an instance or change the default from 24 hours. I tend to look at the overview of an instance using the last 6 hours however every time I click down in the overview I have to change from last 24 hours to last 6 hours, this is very frustrating. I would like to be able to remember my last setting or at least be able to change the default for me as a user.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show current data sizes on purging page

On the data purging page would it be possible to show for each of the data categories how much space each one is currently occupying.

Possibly even an 'oldest date' too? As this may be pertinent if the purge thresholds haven't yet been met.

On some environments I want to keep as much SQL Monitor data as possible and if it's a healthy server you may have very little alert data, and so want to keep more history than you do say, machine data.

It would also help in cases where the Repository database is growing, and you're not sure…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. create user permissions script

provide the sql to run for users to use during install to assign permissions to the back end database use and the monitored db use

obviously explain about the SysAdmin problem with your product

https://forum.red-gate.com/discussion/80787/required-permissions-changed-after-upgrade
    https://forum.red-gate.com/discussion/80448/new-permissions-needed-for-monitoring
    https://documentation.red-gate.com/display/SM7/Permissions

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Monitor for unavailable disks

I'd like to see SQL monitor check for disks that were previously available but are no longer. Example: I have a machine were a disk is online, something goes wrong and the disk goes offline. I would like SQL monitor to alert me to this. If the disk contains database files I would get a database unavailable alert, however if it is a drive that holds backups there would be no notification until the backups start failing.

This would have to be setup differently for clusters where a disk may exist on any node in the cluster due to failovers.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. save list of top 10 queries to excel

I would like to be able to save the list of top 10 queries to excel to deliver to developers in different sort orders

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Be able to customize sql agent job failure notifications turn on/off at the specific sql agent job level

Be able to customize sql agent job failure notifications turn on/off at the specific sql agent job level.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove a user/group from SQL Monitor

It would be desirable to be able to remove a user and/or group from SQL Monitor.
    At present, there are no options to manage them, only add them.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set up multiple custom alerts for a single custom metric

For some custom metrics, the ideal number is not a fixed number. (E.g. ideal number of VLFs depends on log file size). In those cases I write a custom metric that returns a "percentage of ideal number". I like to be warned both when the actual number is too high and when it is too low so I would like to set up two custom alerts for this.

This is currently not possible without creating a copy of the custom metric, which of course wastes resources. Please consider adding the option to set up multiple custome alerts for a single…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Clone custom metrics for copying

When I have a very simular custom metric, I want create. I have to copy and paste . Can we have a clone custom metric feature?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Baseline WaitStats

SQL Monitor contains an aggregated baseline of wait stats, however there is no way to tell if the current wait stats are "normal" for my environment. For example, we had a problem where LCKMX went through the roof, and as a consequence HADRSYNCCOMMIT plummeted because there was fewer insert/updates/deletes happening. The net difference suggested that there was no problem, but there was.

I'd like to see something that shows what's "normal" for each wait type, and what the recorded value is.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Job Duration Unusual: Threshold higher than 100%

Currently when configuring different threshold in the "Job Duration Unusual" alert we are limited to a maximum of 100% of the baseline. So for example if I wanted an High alert when a job is 5 times the baseline it's not currently possible, I'm limited to 2x.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Index searches/sec"

Why in SQL Server metrics there is no “Index searches/sec”.
    In your description for “Full scan/sec”, you mention “The ratio of Index searches/sec to Full scans/sec should generally be no more than 1000:1.”.

It would be very useful to have this counter without having to go through performance monitor under windows

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. See the last X weeks of User transactions/SQl statments ran on the server

Have a view in SQlMonitor that can be used to do a quick search on what querys a user has run on SQL Server over the last X weeks.
    For our user case we would just need the data for the last two weeks but sure if storage allows user's would like to hold the data for longer.
    This is to enable some auditing functionalty to quickly find what a user has ran for reporting.
    e.g.
    What did user1 run yesterday,
    What was run and by who over the last hour

This could also help with finding performance issues. For…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Prevent Active Directory lockout from a single failed attempt to log into the dashboard

If the user mistypes their password when trying to log into the SQL Monitor dashboard, their Windows account gets locked out in Active Directory. This happens on the first failed attempt, so presumably there's an automatic retry happening.

(This ticket is similar to https://sqlmonitor.uservoice.com/forums/91743-suggestions/suggestions/16845169-keep-from-locking-account-when-registering-server, but that one is for the server monitor login and this is for the dashboard user's personal login)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Monitor SQL Server Analysis Services

It would be really nice if we could monitor SSAS Instances with the SQL Monitor.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Activate the alert suppression on a database level

In our production environments we'd like to be able to suppress all alerting on a database level.
    For instance, if a database is to be retired, it will go into an automatic offline state for 2 weeks before it's actually deleted. During this period SQL Monitor keeps returning with a High Alert level warning that the database is not available.
    Yes it's possible to manually disable this alert just for this database. However if we want automatic ticketing to kick in on this alert type we'd need to able to create a maintenance window before hand in order to prevent…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions