In SQL Monitor, I want to...

Increase user granularity and allow creating more than the 3 built in user accounts.

Increase user granularity and allow creating more than the 3 built in user accounts. For example, we have an offshore development team that would like access to their SQL instance, but can’t have access to any other instances. What I would like to do is to be able to create an account, assign permissions to that account against databases or instances, limiting the access they have to production systems. If we could get it to use AD integration rather than forms authentication as well as being able to set permissions granularly then that would be ideal.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy LambAndy Lamb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Rich JamesRich James shared a merged idea: Per Server Authentication  ·   · 
    RussRuss shared a merged idea: Have the ability to add roles/users and grant rights to server groups.  ·   · 
    Berlington BarnettBerlington Barnett shared a merged idea: USER ADMINISTRATION  ·   · 
    BruceBruce shared a merged idea: Allow users to be given access to specifc servers only.  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Daniel RothigDaniel Rothig responded  · 

SQL Monitor 5.0 introduces Active Directory integration with granular control over which user sees what. Please note that you will need to enable Active Directory authentication in order to make use of this functionality

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...