Skip to content

Suggestions

Welcome to the Redgate Monitor feature suggestions list. Tell us how we can improve Redgate Monitor by voting on these suggestions or by submitting your own ideas.

This is the easiest way to make an impact on Redgate Monitor’s roadmap. Check out the completed suggestions to see how your ideas have influenced us in the past. Please note that this list is one of multiple sources that drive our development, meaning that we will not always implement the highest-ranking suggestions.

To give your idea the greatest possible impact, please follow these guidelines:

• Describe the goal you’re trying to accomplish, rather than a specific solution to get there
  • If you have a favoured solution, add it as a comment to your suggestion
  • Give us as much context as possible
  • Only make one suggestion per post. If you have multiple ideas, submit them in separate posts
  • Comment and vote on existing posts to develop the ideas — the Redgate Monitor team will often stay quiet initially about new suggestions to see what you have to say!

If you have any questions visit the Redgate Monitor forum.

686 results found

1. Add number of alerts to browser tab

I always have SQL Monitor open as one of the tabs on my browser (Chrome). What might be useful is to change the text of the tab (only when it is set to Global Overview) to include the number of alerts (unread or uncleared I'm not sure.....) - much like if you have Gmail inbox open, then any unread items make the tab text "Gmail - inbox (1)'

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add alerting for replication performance

Include an alert to monitor replication performance. i.e based on the latency reading that you can view in Replication Monitor. The counters for this are "SQL Server Replication LogReader: Delivery Latency" and "SQL Server Replication Dist.: Delivery Latency". I'd like to be able to set the alert priority based on this.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Alert on long I/O operation

Hosting Company raised an alert that there is absolutely no trace of as an issue according to SQL Monitor:

ALERT NAME: Rackspace - SQL I/O Error
    TIME: 6/22/2011 7:02:21 PM
    REASON:
    Event Description: SQL Server has encountered 174 occurrence(s) of I/O requests taking longer than 15 seconds to complete on file [M:\xcp_trans.mdf] in database [xcp_trans] (5). The OS file handle is 0x0000000000000BBC. The offset of the latest long I/O is: 0x000023b6d20000
    SEVERITY: CRITICAL

Please augment SQL Monitor to do the equivalent alerting.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Daniel Rothig responded

Custom metrics on sys.dm_io_virtual_file_stats are the best way to get this today

4. Activity monitoring for DDL & DML

Add an element that will track all DML/DDL activity within a SQL Server instance and log this to a tamper proof archive. If linked to performance trends this can corrolate performance to T-SQL executed against the instance.

This has scope for aiding with Compliance with PCI-DSS & SoX.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Configurable time for fragmented indexes alert run

I would like an GUI option to configure the time the alert fragmented indexes run instead of it being set at 1.00am Sunday morning

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Daniel Rothig responded

Note that this can set in the BaseMonitor .config file

6. Show all of the cluster disk's collected statistics regardless of active node

Currently, a cluster disk's collected statistics are only visible for the duration of being "active/owned" by a cluster node. If I ran on Node A for the last month and fail-over to the B node today then I lose all visibility to the prior month's stats since they were collected while on the node A.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 31 32 33 35 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?