I suggest you ...

add LDAP/NTLM authentication so that Windows domain users can log in as themselves

That's it, really - configure read-only/read-write access via Active Directory group memberships or user lists built into SQL Monitor, and allow individual users to log in using their own AD credentials.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dylan BeattieDylan Beattie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Cristiano D'AdamoCristiano D'Adamo shared a merged idea: AD integration for SSO.  ·   · 

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthew MulhollandMatthew Mulholland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How hasn't this been implemented yet, it is amazing that this was even overlooked in the first instance but to have not even been introduced as of version 3.5 is just crazy. I mean to not even allow for custom logins and force you to use 1 of 3 pre-defined accounts based on different permission levels is just amazing. Please introduce this feature, it is a long time coming.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's absolutely unthinkable you don't have support for this yet. If I'd known this prior to purchasing I wouldn't have gone ahead.

• Jonathan B.Jonathan B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really hard to believe this feature has not already been added! Yet another set of passwords to manage. OMG.

• Jonathan WilliamsJonathan Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use IIS as the web server to manage who can and cannot log in presently. You'd still hit the built-in SQL Monitor authentication screen though.

Feedback and Knowledge Base