Skip to content

Suggestions

Welcome to the Redgate Monitor feature suggestions list. Tell us how we can improve Redgate Monitor by voting on these suggestions or by submitting your own ideas.

This is the easiest way to make an impact on Redgate Monitor’s roadmap. Check out the completed suggestions to see how your ideas have influenced us in the past. Please note that this list is one of multiple sources that drive our development, meaning that we will not always implement the highest-ranking suggestions.

To give your idea the greatest possible impact, please follow these guidelines:

• Describe the goal you’re trying to accomplish, rather than a specific solution to get there
  • If you have a favoured solution, add it as a comment to your suggestion
  • Give us as much context as possible
  • Only make one suggestion per post. If you have multiple ideas, submit them in separate posts
  • Comment and vote on existing posts to develop the ideas — often the SQL Monitor team will initially stay quiet about new suggestions to see what you have to say!

If you have any questions visit the Redgate Monitor forum.

44 results found

1. Should have feedback on missing index, its great know that I have a slow running query but some possible hints on how to improve them.

Should have feedback on missing index, its great know that I have a slow running query but some possible hints on how to improve them,
    the infomation is avalible in SQLServer version 2005 onward in the following DMV
    sys.dmdbmissingindexdetails
    sys.dmdbmissingindexgroupstats

sys.dm
    dbmissingindexgroups
    sys.dm
    dbmissingindex_columns

So I still have to go off and check.
    Overtime as database grow in size and data distribution of the tables changes therefore indexing requirements change, so unless you monitor these DMV's you may not notice that an index may be helpful.…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Daniel Rothig responded

The missing indexes DMVs are not an exact science, so we’ve decided against presenting sometimes-helpful, sometimes-disasterous tuning advice in SQL Monitor.

However I’m confident that SQL Server itself will continue to evolve as a tuning platform, leaving SQL Monitor free to look at the bigger picture.

2. Multiple "Send From" Address

I'd like to be able to configure multiple send from email addresses so that i can configure different ring tones for my blackberry based on the email address

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Few suggestions:

• Display the Job Name (character string) instead of hexadecimal value (SQLAgent - TSQL JobStep (Job 0x442BC6B49DA6FC41A98697F8C2F68956 : Step 1)
    • In alerts configuration: Be able to exclude Long-Running query alerts (or any type of alert) for a specific time frame. For example: between 11:00PM and 5:00AM
    • When selecting an alert details view, create a link to be able to come back to previous alerts summary screen instead of selecting Overviews link and then again narrowing down to alerts summary by server let’s say…

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Daniel Rothig responded

Hi, because these are multiple suggestions and it’s not clear who has voted on what, I am going to have to close this suggestion.

If you are interested in the Job Name request, please open a new suggestion for this

If you are interested in the Time frame suggestion, please vote on: http://sqlmonitor.uservoice.com/forums/91743-suggestions/suggestions/11122008-suppress-performance-related-alerts-during-mainten

If you are interested in returning to the Alert Inbox from the details view, this has been implemented in SQL Monitor 3.3

4. Allow use of non-administrative shares

Instance-level monitoring requires the use of the default administrative shares, which are likely to be disabled on hardened production servers.

Allowing the use of user-specified shares on a per instance basis would provide a means of getting around this restriction.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?