In SQL Monitor, I want to...

Search through (closed) alerts for a string.

It would be great if we could search closed alerts for a string. For example I want to see all the alerts that have included a particular view in the query text.

(Also include comments in the search)

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ludvig DerningLudvig Derning shared a merged idea: alert inbox viewmode with additional info per row. Most importantly database and user  ·   · 
    Kevin FrazierKevin Frazier shared a merged idea: Filter alerts based on contents of comment  ·   · 
    KenneyKenney shared a merged idea: add more filtering possibilities for alerts.  ·   · 
    Daniel RothigDaniel Rothig responded  · 

We’re looking into this – no ETA at the moment

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ludvig DerningLudvig Derning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a new view setting for the alert inbox where the user can choose to add event fields that would be present for such an event in the profiler.

Or alternatively.

Add a view mode that shows, database, user and application for each event.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would expand this to the ability to filter the Job failed alert by Name/Description keywords and/or Category.

• Kevin FrazierKevin Frazier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would document the name of the application, database, process, table, and if I see the reason for the problem such as a missing commit.

This is the information I would try to filter on.

I could see some people would try to filter base on a ticket number so they could quickly lookup the issue associated with the work ticket.

• Chris SpencerChris Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Would you be able to describe your setup in more detail as I'm not fully understanding the issue? Is it not possible to filter the alert using the process name that appears on the details page of the long-running query alerts?

Thanks
        Chris (Test Engineer, Red Gate Software)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would like to be filter for 'Exclude queries with a SQL Process' by entering something like [2007 Microsoft Office system]. We have several processes that always generate long running queries that we can't do anything about due to it being an attached table.

• Kevin FrazierKevin Frazier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I enter a comment about an alert such as the process that caused the alert.
        Examples:
        “Blocking alert caused by Process1”
        “Deadlock alert caused by Process1”
        “Processor utilization alert caused by Process1”

Later I need to look up all the problems this process has caused. I would like to filter alerts based on text in comments to find all alerts caused by that process.
        Example: “Process1”
        Would return the 3 alerts above.

• KenneyKenney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a nice addition to alerts if it would be possible to add more filtering options to the alert overview. Process, DBname and User(s) would be nice additions to be able to filter on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base