I suggest you ...

Supress alerts based on time of day

We know that certain big batch jobs will be running that will take up extra resources at certain times of the day, what we would like to do is suppress these alerts so that we can keep our "tighter" thresholds during the day for when the system is open to the users.

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bhairav PatelBhairav Patel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Fabricio LimaFabricio Lima shared a merged idea: To fire an alert on SQL Monitor only in a specific period of time  ·   · 
    Sebastien picheSebastien piche shared a merged idea: Disable specifique alert for time Range  ·   · 
    AdamAdam shared a merged idea: Give more configuration options for Maintenance Window feature  ·   · 

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Luis MartinLuis Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have any plan to build a new version with most of suggestions during this year?. Competitions are realising new monitors like DPA 9.1, etc.
        Just a thought.

Best regards,

• Colin MillerchipAdminColin Millerchip (Admin, Red Gate Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Luis,

We've been really busy recently adding support for SQL Server 2014 to all of our tools (including SQL Monitor). There's a big push on this for a couple more months, and then we'll be turning our attention again to other activities, including further SQL Monitor development.

Thanks for bearing with us on this - as per Daniel Rothig’s comment in another UserVoice thread ( https://sqlmonitor.uservoice.com/forums/91743-suggestions/suggestions/2005299-allow-emails-to-be-sent-based-upon-alert-priority ), email suppression is a high priority but it's trickier than you might expect from such a seemingly straightforward feature.

Best regards,

Colin.

• Luis MartinLuis Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Priya!
        Any news about this suggestion or VMware?.
        What I see is a big effort from Red Gate to Developers tools. What about SQL Monitor?
        Cheers,

• brendo bongersbrendo bongers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems be a old requirement but still valid.

Currently it's still not possible to disable specific alerts during heavy resource operations - index rebuilds, backups etc(maintenance window).

• ClaudeClaude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to suggest the same thing as Sebastien Piche. In a DW scenario this would be very useful.

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are great suggestions for improving the configurability of the Maintenance Window feature. We've raised them as enhancements and will keep you posted on any progress.

Again, thanks for the feedback and thanks Andrew for suggesting we merge these ideas

• Andrew HodgeAndrew Hodge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this the same as being able to configure the maintenance window (suggestion 2) to monitor only certain alerts?

• Andrew HodgeAndrew Hodge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability for a maintenance window to filter which events are monitored. ie during a maintenance window I would still be interested in server and sql server availability but not processor utilization and long running queries

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback. We are considering adding more configurability to the maintenance window feature and this kind of use case is something we have been asked to support so will certainly consider.

Feedback and Knowledge Base