Skip to content

Suggestions

Welcome to the Redgate Monitor feature suggestions list. Tell us how we can improve Redgate Monitor by voting on these suggestions or by submitting your own ideas.

This is the easiest way to make an impact on Redgate Monitor’s roadmap. Check out the completed suggestions to see how your ideas have influenced us in the past. Please note that this list is one of multiple sources that drive our development, meaning that we will not always implement the highest-ranking suggestions.

To give your idea the greatest possible impact, please follow these guidelines:

• Describe the goal you’re trying to accomplish, rather than a specific solution to get there
  • If you have a favoured solution, add it as a comment to your suggestion
  • Give us as much context as possible
  • Only make one suggestion per post. If you have multiple ideas, submit them in separate posts
  • Comment and vote on existing posts to develop the ideas — often the SQL Monitor team will initially stay quiet about new suggestions to see what you have to say!

If you have any questions visit the Redgate Monitor forum.

683 results found

1. In the Global Overview screen, have a filter selection for Still Active Alerts

Once an Alert has been cleared or ended I no longer want to see it on my Global Overview screen. When I am handling lots of servers and I see lots of RED on the alert side but they have either been cleared (checked) or ended I no longer want them showing up on the global screen unless I want them too to review. This causes lots of questions from management when they walk by and see lots of RED and the Alert was handled or no longer a concern.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the email alert for custom notifications I would like to execute an ad-hoc query that shows me the results.

This will allow me to write a custom metric alert and see the results of the alert inside the email alert. Example where I monitor one log file with various items the custom alert message can give me context on what errors are written to the log inside of the email

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. see the meaning of the alert in the email alert going out as it shows in the description on the dashboard inside the dashboard

This will provide more context at what the alert means without going into the dashboard (web) page.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. configure notifications 'per alert per object' rather than just 'per alert'

Right now we have a large number of SQL Servers across different environments such as dev, QA, production, etc. In a similar way to having multiple notification channels configured on an alert (another suggestion covers that), I'd like to be able to configure the alert notifications differently for each level that the alert is set at ... I'm away from work right now, but I think that although you can set the thresholds and filters at each group level, you cannot change the notification settings (eg, do NOT trigger SNMP alert for non-production environments). if I'm right about that, then…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. data purging - add a flush/reset button

it would be nice to have the possibility to clean/empty all data from sql monitor. for instance since we were trying different alert options etc... there's a lot of stuff which are not needed anymore. i mean after fine tuning the system i'd like to "start over" with a clean history even if we lose the old logs...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. non sql servers should not need a license

i think it would be very nice being able to have alerts for non sql servers without the need to allocate a license to those.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New tile types in reporting

We would like new tile types in the reporting interface. Extend the Analysis graph and summary. We would like some of KPI \ traffic light or the ability to just show a single value but be able to colour the background of the tile.

As well as the analysis graph it would be useful to be able to have a bar\column chart as well as the existing line chart.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. View transaction log

Have ability to view and possibly generate recovery scripts from the transaction log

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add COMPARE BASELINE option to the Reports in SQL Monitor

In SQL Monitor 6.0.17.6667 the new Reporting feature is terrific, however I would like to see the addition to add the COMPARE BASELINE option to the Reports like Analysis option currently has. This would allow us to see if measurements like CPU, user connections etc are in line with a baseline of, say last week or way off.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. monitor specific services status and specific event logs entrys

this would really be useful to monitor specific windows services status and related event log entry's (even filtering them would be nice)

specially since the is no other way to monitor microsoft dynamics nav (navision)
    sql part is helpful but when the problem are on the nav service tiers or schedulers theres no way to check than manually.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. basic microsoft active directory/exchange monitoring

since i have 2 unused licenses it would be very nice if could could monitor my exchange server and also my active directory domain server.
    for instances how many mails are being send and received or are in the queue
    was any user account locked? etc

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow users access to view specific reports

Currently I create a few reports for different business areas and e-mail them daily. It would be really useful if they could follow the link on the page and view their reports only without having access to the site in general. They could then use the report filters.
    Another idea would be to be able to create a reports page with a static link where I could put several different reports, users would have access to this page only and be able to view any reports created in real time.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add "Red-Gate SQL Monitor" to the start of all titles

If I have a lot of tabs open, the title of the page gets shortened. So, hypothetically, I have enough tabs open that only 4 letters show on the redgate SQL Monitor for the page title. Boss comes into my cubicle to talk to me about something, glances at my screen and sees I have a tab called "Anal..." open when it is really "Analysis", and some red flags will go off in his mind even though I'm doing nothing wrong. If it started out with "Red-Gate - Analysis" or "SQL Monitor - Analysis", even if that got shortened to…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Detect Unsupported SQL Server Versions When Upgrading Versions

I was running v4 with a MSSQL 2005 database and decided to upgrade to v6. The installer finished successfully, however when it took me to the Web App page, there was a warning that the database upgrade did not complete successfully. The reported error was "Cannot assign a default value to a local variable". I knew right away it was a problem with my old SQL Server version. I checked the forums and indeed, 2005 is no longer supported with version 6. I understand that, and have no problem with it. However, ya'll would have saved me the headache of…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to see in the overviews panel how much RAM my monitored instances are consuming just like I can see CPU and Disk IO for example.

I want to monitor how much RAM my instances are consuming while I'm in the overviews panel and even though I can go to a specific panel for checking this specific counter it'd be useful to havr it in the single overviews panel and not moving back and forth.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a standard metric for Data space used

There is currently an out of the box metric or Log Space Used, but there isn't an equivalent Data Space Used.

I get that it's a bit trickier if you have multiple data files, (even just adding them up as one metric). We have databases that we want to pro-actively allocate space for but it's hard to do without a metric to tell us when it's getting full.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I wish the blocking Process report included the resource the Blocked processes are waiting on.

My Dev write 500+ line procedures and functions so the SQL "Fragment" is seldom very helpful.
    It would be much more helpful to identify the resources the processes are blocked on. Even just the waitresource and waittype columns from sys.dmexecrequests would help.

I know some of the resource types are tough to parse in T-SQL.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Filter Longest Running Queries Tile by Database

The Longest Running Queries Tile on the Reports screen would be more useful if we could target only one database.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improved view of User Sessions

Visibility into user sessions could be improved. The current list on the instance overview, "SQL User Processes (Top 10)", is a start but needs the following to make it useful:

1) Don't limit the number of sessions shown; rather add paging controls like on the error log view, so that it would be possible to see any session for any selected time period
    2) Add a columns for:
    - Login (i.e. login name)
    - Blocked by session Id (maybe even an icon if a session is blocking/blocked?)
    3) Make it possible to sort by any column
    4) Add ability to…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)