Monitor Disk Overallocation
Recently we ran into disk space issues on a server. Looking into that, it was discovered that a 10TB database had 3TB in "Unused" space. That is the space was allocated to a table, but the table needed to be reorganized to recover the space. sp_spaceused shows this space, and a disk report of top tables clearly showed the Unused space. This was not something that Redgate noticed. Going back over our estate, we discovered there were more such databases where we could recover space. This could also be noted at an individual file level. Reorganizing that one database has freed up 50GB per file across 28 data files and 70GB per index file across 12 index files. That also would be useful to know.