I suggest you ...

Allow the scheduling of analysis reports and send via email

The analysis reports should be able to run on a schedule and send the via email. For instance it would be great if I could schedule the data/log size report to run every monday and send me the results via email. the ability to export these report to excel is already there, so just needs to be able to run on a schedule and send as an email attachment.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Derek GlickDerek Glick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HemiHemi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a GREAT feature to add. My boss wants to see how our SQL Servers are performing CPU and disk utilization wise on a weekly basis.

• HemiHemi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. We have this for our Legacy systems and it would be great to have this for SQL Monitor monitored systems. This is the one key thing that SQL Monitor is missing.

• Matt LaffoonMatt Laffoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a big fan of ideas like this. I would like to see more *built-in* analysis as a whole. I'll add one piece to this... the ability to archive these reports for a configurable period separate from the period of time all of the detailed data is stored for.

Obviously it's possible for DBAs to create this on their own by pushing data to other databases, creating or installing reports (I know Red Gate provides a few SSRS reports) in reporting services and scheduling the email from there. That solution is fine, except I doubt the DBAs that purchase SQL Monitor are the type that have excessive free time to create tools on their own. I'm a fan of Red Gate tools because they allow DBAs to focus on the core of their job by creating complete DB tools so we don't have to. :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base