I suggest you ...

Increase user granularity and allow creating more than the 3 built in user accounts.

Increase user granularity and allow creating more than the 3 built in user accounts. For example, we have an offshore development team that would like access to their SQL instance, but can’t have access to any other instances. What I would like to do is to be able to create an account, assign permissions to that account against databases or instances, limiting the access they have to production systems. If we could get it to use AD integration rather than forms authentication as well as being able to set permissions granularly then that would be ideal.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy LambAndy Lamb shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    RussRuss shared a merged idea: Have the ability to add roles/users and grant rights to server groups.  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Blaž DakskoblerBlaž Dakskobler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Would like to give SQL Monitor access to some teams/people, but only for particular instances or even just databases.

• Joe CairnsJoe Cairns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely support this one. Our organization will not allow some of the technical teams access to SQL Monitor until a feature like this available and this is from a PCI compliance perspective. Without being able to show what rights and individual user has and to be able to log their activity in the tool, we cant be compliant.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As it stands the user roles aren't much use as we also want to assign permissions to certain databases to certain users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base