I suggest you ...

Disable deadlock alert emails at the database level

We have a couple of databases from 3rd party apps that regularly deadlock themselves, typically trying to update tables that are undergoing housekeeping operations. I can't fix it so I don't really want to keep hearing about it. But I'd like the deadlocks to be recorded so I can still investigate if I get reports of serious issues.

66 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David WimbushDavid Wimbush shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A bump for this one. looks like it's not been looked at in a while but the issue is still a p.i.t.a!

• Johnny CoutureJohnny Couture commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't make it possible to disable *any* alert at a database level... It would result in a better management, for example for 3rd party databases alerts.Thank you !

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for this. I have the same issue with a 3rd party database which I know has frequent deadlocks (50+ every night) thus 'real' deadlocks get lost in their 'noise'. Disabling per server isn't an option as I would still like to be informed of deadlocks in the other databases on the same server.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a really useful addition, especially where something as noisy as Reporting Services has its database hosted on a server with other databases.

Feedback and Knowledge Base