I suggest you ...

Allow emails to be sent based upon alert priority.

i.e. only send an email for alerts with a Medium or High priority.

121 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel WatkinsDaniel Watkins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    John McPJohn McP shared a merged idea: Customize email alert based on the alert level  ·   · 
    planned  ·  Daniel RothigDaniel Rothig responded  · 

Hi all,

We have looked into this recently, and have run into quite a few design and engineering challenges that you would not expect from such a seemingly straightforward feature. We are hoping to do this in the future, but I’m afraid I can’t really give you an ETA.

Clearly this is a popular request, and we are very keen to get it right. Please bear with us as we figure this one out. Your votes and comments continue to be much appreciated!

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John StaffordJohn Stafford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitey by useful - low priority might just go to me as info, but medium and high to the main support desk to deal with.

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like to see this implemented, be much nicer to configure this within sql monitor rather than having to use another product. I would also really like the ability to send email alerts only when an alert has been recorded a predefined number of times in a given time frame. (80 deadlocks within 3 mins - for example)

• inariusinarius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my number one feature request. I need more granularity for email alerting because this products best selling point is the ability to be notified of certain critical issues. I am a DBA of many server installations, yet this product becomes more cumbersome and less useful with each license I purchase...

Feedback and Knowledge Base