I suggest you ...

Create a central web interface that can access multiple Base monitors

Given the sizes of some SQL environments we found that it is necessary to have multiple base monitor servers. However currently it is cumbersome to have to navigate to multiple URL's or switch the base monitor that's tied to a web server. Having a central console that is easily and always connected to multiple base monitors would alleviate this problem. Also this could allow you to monitor from various networks and domains.

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    nhartmannhartman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eric HumphreyEric Humphrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add that sometimes you need to use different base monitors to monitor different subnets or vlans of servers, but all report back into the same repository. The whole goal is one pane of glass for all servers, not a segmented view.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be quite helpful. I know that our environment is an edge case but we're having trouble trying to figure out how we can monitor 1200+ databases across several instances without setting up multiple base monitors and web servers. Maybe another title for this could be a "Scale out" base monitor solution?

• nhartmannhartman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to view all the base monitors at the same time, from one location.

• Priya SinhaPriya Sinha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks a lot nhartman for this suggestion.

Would you like to view all the base monitor at the same time? Or is the problem only associated with switching between web servers?

Feedback and Knowledge Base